Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My kid is weird...

Okay, so we have struggled mightily to get Miss Sunshine to eat solids. She is a very picky eater. Things go up her nose and she gets mad and you can kiss any opportunity of feeding her anything else goodbye. She doesn't seem to like fruits. About the only fruit I can get her to eat is applesauce, and even that she doesn't eat very well. She does seem to like squash, but even at that I usually can only get about a half a jar of phase 1 down her - which isn't very much. It's been a major source of frustration to me. I'm tired of having a child who can't do things other kids can do. Even if it is something as simple as being able to eat. I know I should be grateful that the only thing we have to deal with is her cleft. But some days, well, it's just not there, you know? Today is just one of them.

As I sit here typing this, my husband is feeding my daughter Hummus. And she is wolfing it down. He asked before he gave it to her. I told him it would probably give her a bellyache (it's garlic hummus) and she probably wouldn't like it, but if he wanted to give her a taste, okay. Yeah, well, so much for the "probably not liking it" portion of my statement. She is eating it like crazy. This kid is weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment