Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I am SO not ready for winter...

The cold is slowly creeping in here in Kansas. I woke up this morning cuddled nice and warm under our down-alternative comforter (yes, I am allergic to down). I got up to go to the bathroom and HOLY COW! It was COLD in my house. The problem is that it's still staying warm enough during the day that there is not a need to run the heater as yet. So we are just bundling up the kids (well, okay, Miss Sunshine anyways - Monster Boy is a very hot, sweaty sleeper, so I've just moved him to his winter pj's) at night and going with that. The problem I am facing now is that in all of Miss Sunshine's EXTENSIVE wardrobe, there is not a lot of "in between" clothes! So her stuff is either too warm or too cold for the day. Looks like she'll be spending the next couple of weeks hanging out in her sleepers during the day - which I HATE. I am one of those crazy moms who likes their kids to be dressed in outfits during the day. But, you do what you have to do.

I threw my back out yesterday taking Miss Sunshine out of her bath. I'm still trying to figure out how the heck I managed to do that with a baby who barely weighs 13 pounds. I know I must have picked her up wrong. I have back problems anyways, and I think what happened is that my back stiffened up while I was leaning over washing her, and then I picked her up while still leaning over, and when I tried to stand, my muscle just wasn't ready for it. I was in a lot of pain last night. I'm still really sore today, but it's not as bad as it was. I'll just load up on ibuprofen and hope that it goes away soon.

Tonight we are going over to Aunt Krystal's to make Halloween cupcakes. Monster Boy is extraordinarily excited about this. He loves cooking. Hopefully he will have a good day so that he can get to go do this. He's had a good few weeks so that helps.

Little Miss Sunshine is still getting in to everything. And I do mean EVERYTHING. I have to "cage" her up if I am going to be more than 10 feet away because she has this amazing ability to find whatever item in the room should not go in her mouth, pick it up and attempt to put it there. And I think we have a tomboy on our hands - she has become fascinated with Monster Boy's cars. I actually had to pull out some of the cars he played with as a baby for her to play with because she kept trying to steal his Hot Wheels. I think it's time to get her a baby doll!

***Coming Soon*** I am going to be selling items on etsy.com that are baby related - wetbags for cloth diapers, baby wraps, possibly baby clothes and cloth diaper covers. I'll update more once I get my inventory built and my store up and running. I am hoping that eventually I will get it going enough to bring in enough income to allow me to continue to stay home with the kids rather than having to go back to work. We shall have to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment