Friday, October 23, 2009

Chaos...

So, Miss Sunshine recovered from her illness after a few days. She did indeed have Roseola - high fever for about 3 days and then BOOM! No fever and rash all over her tummy and back. She is completely back to normal.

Monster Boy, on the other hand, decided HE needed to then come down with something. So last Saturday was his school carnival - we went, he had a blast, all was good. Sunday was just a nice quiet day of chilling out and getting some stuff done around the house - made a run to WalMart for a new rug and various other necessities, and home again for a relaxed dinner. Monday morning, Monster Boy wakes up with a low-grade fever - very low-grade, like 99.1. Monday also happened to be Pumpkin Patch day. After much begging and rechecking of said temperature, which went back down to normal, I made the decision to go ahead and take him - they went straight to the pumpkin patch - no time in the classroom or anything. He had a blast at the pumpkin patch - playing and running around and all sorts of fun. Started coughing late in the afternoon, low grade fever showed back up around dinner time. Sent him to bed early with some Tylenol for the fever. I checked on him before I went to bed and his fever was up to 101.8! I gave him some Motrin, and he slept the night through, and woke up fever free the next morning. Hasn't had a fever since then. Still has the cough, some very light nasal congestion, and is losing his voice. But he says everything feels fine, and he is acting more than normal.

I was very disappointed today. We looked at costumes for Miss Sunshine last week after deciding that the costume we were going to make will be too cold for the weather. Found a super cute Strawberry costume, but I waited to buy it because I wanted Shane to see them first and make sure he liked it too. Well, I took him back two days later and he agreed on the Strawberry, but they didn't have her size, so I said I'd go look at a few other places for it. None of the other stores around town even had the costumes at all, so we went back tonight, and they had only 0-3 months. I was thinking I could probably make a 3-6 month one work since she's so tiny. But nope, they didn't have it at all. So she's going to be a Ladybug instead. I'll still keep an eye out to see if I spot that strawberry somewhere else, because I really liked it, but at least i know I have a costume for her if all else fails... I'm still going to pout over it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment