Thursday, October 1, 2009

I need a break...

Before I have a breakdown! Well, it maybe too late for that. I had a complete meltdown today. Little Miss Sunshine is perpetuating the nap boycott, and has now decided that being in the same room with me is no longer enough - I need to be HOLDING her. Monster Boy was pretty difficult this morning so I was plenty stressed out - doing all sorts of stuff he wasn't supposed to be doing, throwing fits about crazy things like brushing his teeth... just in general pushing as many buttons as he could find. Daddy Mac came home in the middle of all of it, and is generous enough to inform me not to worry about getting stuff done around the house when the kids are being like this. Gee, thanks. But then he complains incessantly about how messy the house is when I don't. He swore today that he'd stop doing that. We'll see - I'm not quite ready to believe him yet.

So I was hopeful that this afternoon would be better - Monster Boy and I had a talk and by the time it was time to make lunch he was a new kid. I figured I'd drop him off at school and Miss Sunshine would fall asleep in the car as usual on the way home. I even planned to leave her in the car seat so I could get at least a little bit of peace to reset myself as well. Well, that didn't happen. I get home, open the van door and there is Little Miss Sunshine grinning away at me. So I take her inside and spend the next hour trying to get her to take a nap before finally giving up and putting her in the pack 'n play and letting her cry so that I could at least pump. Then it was time to go get Monster Boy, had to go by Walgreen's to pick up a prescription, home again, where Sunshine continues to throw a fit. By the time Daddy Mac made it home two hours later (and nearly an hour later than I expected him to be home) Monster Boy is in the backyard playing with the dog and Miss Sunshine and I are on the living room floor both in tears. It was a very long day. I think it's something that has been a long time coming and needed to happen, but at the same time, I certainly hope that it's something that doesn't make a repeat appearance. And hopefully I can get Miss Sunshine past the nap boycott AND the constant need to be held...

No comments:

Post a Comment