Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, Honey!

My mom is keeping the kids tonight so Daddy Mac and I can go out and celebrate his birthday and our anniversary. A kid free night all night long. And I'm even nice enough that I let him pick the movie we will see - one that I totally do not want to go to. It is his birthday, after all!

Monday will mark our two year wedding anniversary. Seems like it's been so much longer than just two years - and I mean that in a good way. I really just don't remember what life was like without my husband. He has been my rock over the past year as we have dealt with the discovery of Miss Sunshine's cleft and all that has entailed. My emotions have been up and down and taken him on quite the roller coaster ride, for sure. And I know we aren't done yet. Things are hard right now for us, emotionally with the kids, financially with me being laid off and his job just not going well, and even physically as we have both struggled with some emotional weight gain and all that entails on our health. But I have faith that the next year of our marriage will bring better and brighter days, and that the trials we have gone through thus far will do nothing but serve to make our relationship that much stronger. I look forward to the days ahead, and am ready to put the days behind where they belong - behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment