Sunday, March 21, 2010

Getting Crafty

I read some pretty cool Mom Blogs in my (little) spare time. A lot of them give great tips on DIY projects to save money, and I have recently put a few of these to the test. I have been SUPER pleased with all the results and am passing them on to you!

My first DIY project was making my own baby wipes. Miss Sunshine has developed a sensitivity to pretty much every baby wipe on the market, even the sensitive formula wipes. I was looking for an alternative, and one of my friends just happened to have a "recipe" for making your own baby wipes. I made a few alterations of my own to her "recipe" as some of the called for items (specific brands) are not available in my area without ordering online, but the measurements and types of product used remained the same. I am THRILLED with the results. They smell SO good, they work SO well, and no more rashes! Hooray! If you want to learn how to make your own baby wipes, head here: Alanna In Suburbia.

My next DIY project was to make my own baby legwarmers. I have to tell you all, when I first saw Baby Legs and the generic versions in stores, I honestly thought they were just the most ridiculous things ever. But then I got a pair as a gift and fell IN LOVE. They are fantastic - the perfect addition to a dress or onesie to keep baby's legs warm and protected - and no messing with pulling tights on and off at diaper change time! Hooray! So, another mommy blogger I follow posted directions on how to make your OWN baby legwarmers out of knee high socks. I desperately wanted a St. Patrick's Day themed pair to go with the Jean skirt, t-shirt and hairbow I had for Miss Sunshine to wear on St. Patrick's Day this year. So I went out, bought a pair of shamrock knee highs and followed directions. They were SO easy and took me less than 10 minutes to make, and I definitely do not qualify as a veteran sewer in any way, shape or form. Head on over to My Boho Baby is Hippie Chic to learn how to make your own baby legwarmers too! And, some photographic evidence of my foray in to baby legwarmer making for you all:


No comments:

Post a Comment