Sunday, November 1, 2009

Whew.

We finally made it through whatever the heck it was that Monster Boy had. I'm fairly confident that it was swine flu, even though we weren't able to confirm that diagnosis.

His fever went away Friday morning and so far has not returned, thank goodness. He was so miserable all week. He's pretty much back to himself, just with an added nap :) He's still tiring rather easily, so he's been taking a 2 hour nap in the afternoons. And he's still a little more emotional than normal - due mostly to the tiredness I believe. Tomorrow is going to be long, what with him going back to school. I will attempt to get him to take a nap when he comes home, but I don't know if that will happen. We may just have to make bedtime early for the week to help get his strength back.

So far the rest of us seem to have dodged whatever it is he had - which I credit to my obsessive hand-washing, Clorox-wiping, Lysol-spraying ways over the last week! I even made Daddy Mac go buy a new mattress pad for Monster Boy's bed, along with new pillows for his bed and ours and new pillow covers for his pillows. I wanted to make sure that bug was LONG gone. I washed all his bedding in hot water to make sure it was good and killed off too.

Monster Boy made a very cute Spiderman for Halloween, even though we didn't go trick or treating. We let him dress up and took him to my grandmother's so he could get his present from her and a little bit of candy, but I didn't want to risk exposing him to anything with his immune system a bit down. Little Miss Sunshine was ADORABLE in her Halloween costume - I've GOT to figure out how the heck to get those pictures up on here LOL. I'm working on it, I promise. In the meantime, here is some video for you of her giving her new gloworm kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment