Saturday, November 7, 2009

Tired

Okay, I am cracking up right now. I'm watching my college team play our rivalry game, and the announcer seriously just said "Shankopotamus". Hahahahaha.

Now on to the real updates. It has been a long week here in the Mac household. Monster Boy is fully recovered from whatever plague struck him down last week. However, his attitude is in need of some serious adjustments. He MAY have gotten a tad bit spoiled while he was sick.... which MAY be my fault, although I'm not actually admitting to anything!

Little Miss Sunshine has been Little Miss Adventure this week. She has learned how to crawl up the stairs! And very nearly took a header DOWN them the other day after Monster Boy failed to close the baby gate when he went down to the basement. Yikes. Luckily, I caught her before she made it to the steps, but she was in the process of going through the gate when I grabbed her. Phew. She is FAST now at the crawling, and just in to everything. I busted out Monster Boy's little Walk and Ride toy for her to hold on to. She will actually walk with it! She is growing up so fast. I know that as soon as she realizes that she really CAN stand on her own she will be off and running. We are going to have an early walker on our hands. Right now if you get her to stand up and then let go of her hands, she sits herself back down. She doesn't fall, she actually sits. It's a completely controlled movement. Once she figures out she doesn't have to do that, we are in trouble. I'm betting we will be seeing our first steps right around Thanksgiving time. And that she'll be fully walking by Christmas.

With all of this adventure coupled with the usual household maintenance, and taking care of sick children on and off for the last three weeks, I am extremely exhausted. I was hoping to maybe catch up on some sleep this weekend, but doesn't look like that will be happening. Maybe next week sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment