Wednesday, April 7, 2010

This crazy weather.

So yesterday I blogged about how I was SWELTERING on my living room couch at 10 o'clock at night. (That WAS yesterday, wasn't it? Maybe it was two days ago.... I'm losing all sense of time!) Today, it was Fa.REE.zing here. I mean, we went from tank tops and Capri's to long sleeves and jackets in less than 24 hours. What is up with that? This weather needs to decide whether it wants to be winter or spring and get there already...

Things are NOT looking up on the Monster Boy front. He got his candy privileges revoked on Monday (for what, I forget - Daddy Mac did the revoking). This morning, he snuck into my room, where we had put his candy to keep him out of it, while I was in the shower and helped himself to some Laffy Taffy. He hid in his room to eat it. Had he not tried to sneak it down the hallway with him to get a drink I probably wouldn't have found out, but he did, and I caught him. He spent most of the rest of the morning in time-out. I didn't know what else to do with him. I am nearly at my wits' end. Daddy Mac and I sat down and tried to talk to him tonight about what was bothering him so much that he was acting this way, but we pretty much just got a lot of "because"s out of him, and some other random things that make me think he isn't being totally honest. They do involve a subject I don't talk about on my blog for personal reasons, so I can't be more specific than that.

Little Miss Sunshine has been radically entertaining the last two days. Her personality is coming out in spades. She spent a good half hour this morning on the bed with me, throwing empty plastic Easter eggs over the side of the bed at her brother and saying "uh-oh". Then this afternoon, she was doing the same thing with her toy phone - only she got ahead of herself at one point, so then she was saying "uh-oh" first and throwing the phone after, instead of the other way around. "Uh-oh" is her new word, and we hear LOTS of it these days. Her facial expressions are priceless as well - she does this thing with her lower lip that is IDENTICAL to an expression that both Daddy Mac and his mother do, and it is SO funny to see it. She is also in the stage of crinkling up her nose when she smiles, laughs, is being ornery, or, you know, pretty much any time she feels like it. It's absolute adorable, and of course the little stinker turns her head every time we try to take a picture of it, so I have no photos to share with you :(. I also neglected to get photos of the kids in all their finery at Easter, but we are hopeful that we will be able to get in to the photo studio in the next week or two for some (very belated) one year pics of Miss Sunshine and Easter pics of Monster Boy... I'll try to get those up ASAP for you.

My weight loss goals are not going so well. I've been doing very good at making it to the gym almost daily, which has been great for my emotional well-being, but the weight-loss is going nowhere. I haven't lost a single pound. It's pretty frustrating and making me realize, that, unlike when I was in my 20's and a couple days a week running on the elliptical would help me drop 20 pounds, these days it's going to require a little more involvement. I guess it's time to suck it up and start dieting. Ugh. Have I mentioned that I HATE dieting? Actually, more than hate. I pretty much DESPISE it. Such is life. Once I hop on the wagon, I'll let you all know, as I'm sure I'll be needing some way to hold myself accountable, and hey, what better place than a blog to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment