Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm trying here...

I've had a LOT on my mind the last few days. Well, the last week really - ever since I found out about our whole COBRA situation. I have written up my appeal letter and sent it off. Waiting to hear back on that. And I also applied to the state for medical coverage for the kids. I hate doing that, but honestly, isn't that what those programs are there for? People in OUR situation who are TRYING to make it through? But who need a little help until they can? I hate the idea of doing this, but it's what is best for my children right now...

Another thing that is weighing heavily on my mind is this - I have a phone screen on Thursday for a job. It is a Senior Administrative Assistant position in the HR department of a VERY large company. It would pay VERY well, and everything I have found indicates that their benefits package is one of the best in the city. My dilemma is simple - I really don't want to go back to work. I KNOW that ONE of us needs to find a good paying job, and soon. But to be honest here, I don't want it to be me. I do realize that this may be what is best for our family in the long run, and of course, just because I got a phone screen doesn't even mean I'll get an interview, but of course I will give it my all. I'm praying hard, as is Daddy Mac, that God will show us what course we are supposed to take. Neither one of us wants the kids in daycare if it is avoidable, but we have to do what is best for our family in the long run, and I accept that putting them in daycare may be a necessity. As may be the possibility that I go back to work full time and Daddy Mac becomes a stay-at-home Dad. We do not know how things will pan out - right now it's a waiting game. But if you feel so inclined, some prayers or thoughts that God (or whomever) will show us the path and what is the right choice would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment