Monday, April 12, 2010

And the hits just keep on coming...

Just got a letter in the mail today notifying me that our COBRA coverage was terminated due to non-payment of premium. I immediately panicked - I KNOW I paid that last month. I call in and get informed that apparently my payment was returned insufficient funds - apparently my deposit from unemployment and that payment crossed paths. The only problem is, I was never notified by ANYONE. Not the bank, not the Cobra administrator, nothing. I had NO idea. Had I KNOWN I would have immediately made new payment arrangements. But I didn't get notified and so now we have no insurance. I can appeal, but no guarantees they will reinstate our coverage. I guess that's all I can do for now.

I just don't know how much more I am supposed to find the strength to take...

No comments:

Post a Comment