Saturday, August 27, 2011

More potty frustrations...

I hate potty training.  Honestly, I despise it with every fiber of my being.  It is hands down my least favorite part of parenthood.

I have been blessed (or cursed, depending on how you want to look at it) with EXTREMELY stubborn children.  They are both very much the "dig in your heels and refuse to budge" type of kids.  Monster Boy took nearly a year to fully potty train.  Not because he didn't "get it", but because he simply didn't want to be bothered to stop whatever it was he was doing to actually GO to the bathroom.

I'm quickly discovering that Miss Sunshine is stubborn in a whole new way.  She is excited about going to the bathroom, and does very well in underwear when we are out and about.  However, this child will NOT poop on the toilet.  Why?  I have no earthly idea.  She doesn't hold her poop like many kids will, she's not afraid of the toilet or pooping on it that we can tell.  She just won't do it.  She will stand there right in front of me and poop in her pants thirty seconds after I have taken her off the toilet and telling me she didn't need to poop.  I simply don't know what to do at this point.  I don't want to put her back in diapers because I'm afraid we will lose all progress we have made with pottying (little as it is - out and about in public she stays dry perfectly find.  At home is another story) and I don't want to have to completely start over.

I really wish there was an Easy Button for this...

No comments:

Post a Comment