Tuesday, August 2, 2011

In Chicago

Well, Miss Sunshine and I are here. We survived a very long day, are in bed and ready to rest up for the even longer day we are facing tomorrow. We have to be at the hospital at 6 am, which means we have to leave the hotel by 5:15 am, which means we have to get up at about 4:30 am. Surgery will probably start around 8, if it is anything like last time. It shouldn't take long, and then we just wait for her to recover from the anesthesia. Last time she did run a fever afterwards, and we nearly missed our flight home as a result. So this time I had them schedule us for a late flight, just in case. Which of course means she will probably be fine, we will get released early, and I will be stuck for hours at the airport with a tired, cranky toddler. I am hoping that they will let us stay at the hospital long enough for her to get a bit of a nap in, since I know that will not happen at all once we hit the airport...

I will update after surgery tomorrow, but for now, I had better get some sleep myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment