Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's Potty Time!

We are potting training here in these parts... Miss Sunshine is somewhat motivated - she likes her big girl panties and wants to wear them often.  However, she still does not tell us when she NEEDS to go.  She will go if we tell her to.  And sometimes, but pretty rarely, she'll come running up and tell me "I needa go potty!".   But often, if I'm not right there telling her to go, she'll just go in her underwear.  And I have yet to successfully get her to poop on the potty.  SIGH.  Have I mentioned that potty training is my least favorite part of parenthood?

Monster Boy is doing great at school.  His class was mixed up a bit, and he's sad that a few of his friends from last year aren't in his class.  But, some of his friends from before school are in his class this year, so that helps.  He LOVES his new teacher.  He has to give her a hug every day at the end of school - it's so adorable.  The little girls are already fighting over who gets to sit by him at lunch and who he is going to play with at recess (at least, according to him they are...).  I'm going to be in trouble when he gets to high school, I can already feel it.

I've made it through my first two days of classes - so I have been to all my classes once.  I plan to sit down this weekend and figure out an action plan for studying and such - I expect I will be spending quite a bit of time hanging out at the Starbucks by our house so that I can have uninterrupted study time.  But I wanted to get through the first week of classes and see how things panned out there first.  I'm still pretty nervous - I have to take Chemistry this semester, and honestly, science has never been one of my strong areas.  It's feeling pretty daunting - although I do like my professor and hopefully that will help.  My other classes I feel pretty confident about - they are right up my alley and I know I can do well.  I think if I can get through the first round of tests with high scores, I will feel much more confident about this semester.

Daddy Mac has been wonderfully supportive through all of this and I cannot thank him enough for how awesome he is.  His volleyball should be starting up again soon, and I know he is looking forward to that.  It will be good for him to get out of the house one night a week, especially since I have night classes two nights a week and he's going to be on his own with the kids until after bedtime those nights.

That's life in our house for now!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I am so not looking forward to potty training.

    I am glad that school went well for the little man and for yourself as well. I am hoping to get back into the swing of it next semester. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete