Sunday, February 27, 2011

A waiting game.

We are still waiting on the results from Miss Sunshine's lab work last week. The doctor's office called on Friday, and I of course missed it. And my lovely voicemail cut off all but one part of the message "Her lab work is in..." Joy. I left a message for the nurse that I didn't get all the message but did not get a call back on Friday. I will try again tomorrow.

I am sure everything is fine. But it sure is hard, waiting to hear.

In the meantime, we are keeping busy as usual. Monster Boy and I had some quality time together yesterday, shopping at the toy store. He got a gift card for his birthday, and the time just seemed right to let him spend it. We spent well over an hour there, looking at everything, me giving him options he could "afford" with his gift card, especially when he was drawn to all the crazily priced items designed to get a kids attention. He wound up with a board game and some more Lego sets - he's building the Lego "Atlantis" set right now, so we got that. I have been informed he would like to start the Star Wars set next. Great. That's going to cost more than our house, I think.

Last night was his school Fun Night. And we certainly did have fun. And did not come home with a fish (thank goodness), much to Monster Boy and Miss Sunshine's disappointment. We did come home with many toys and candies which we really don't need, but hey, that is the point of it all, right? As long as the kids had fun I suppose nothing else really matters.

Today we went to church, and now Miss Sunshine is napping while both of my boys are playing Battleship (Monster Boy's new game). And I am taking a few minutes to catch up on email, blogging, and general uselessness before heading off to a work meeting. We were supposed to have roast for dinner tonight, but someone (yeah, that would be ME) forgot to take it out of the freezer, so I haven't figured out yet what we are having. I should probably get on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment