Thursday, February 24, 2011

I've got an itty, bitty...

Two year old!

Miss Sunshine FINALLY had her well child visit today. We got a bit off schedule back around her 18 month visits due to scheduling issues at the doctors office - so we had to postpone this one. Which, actually, it turned out we DIDN'T as she didn't need any shots, but oh well.

She weighed in at a whopping 22.8 pounds, and measured in at 32.5 inches. She has grown over 2 inches since her 18 month check up. This moved her from the 12th to the 18th percentile in height. She also jumped from the 4th to the 7th percentile in weight. She is still teeny tiny, but she is growing.

We discussed her speech - she's ahead of the curve now, which is great. She's doing everything else she's supposed to be and then some. I mentioned my concerns about her not properly absorbing fat (which we most notably see with the whole milk) and we discussed the leg pains she has been talking about. Her doctor really doesn't feel that we are looking at Celiac's, which had been my concern, but he is running blood tests just to eliminate other possibilities. I'm still waiting on the results from those, and trying not to work myself up into a frenzy about it. I forgot to ask how long it might take for the results to come back in, so I will call in the morning to find out if it's something I can expect to hear before the weekend, or something that will take a week or so. I don't know much about blood testing since we've never really dealt with that before.

In the meantime, we are battling yet another cold - she barely makes it through one before we are on to the next - but otherwise doing well. Both the kids are in bed now, and I think I am going to call it an early night myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment