Saturday, November 20, 2010

Glory Days...

I have been working out this week. (I'm pretty proud of myself for this accomplishment. Hopefully I keep it up, AND start seeing some results from it). I worked out every morning for at least 30 minutes this week.

I also discovered this totally awesome app on my phone. It's called Pandora Radio - I'm sure many of you have heard of it. Well, Daddy Mac has been raving about it for some time, so I decided when my MP3 batteries died to give it a shot this week. And it's fantabulous.

I've long been a fan of what my husband likes to call "chick music" - or more accurately, indie rock female singers. You know - like Jewel before she was big and famous? (I still LOVE Jewel, I just don't think you can call her "indie rock" anymore). 4 Non Blondes, Alanis Morrissette, Sheryl Crow, Leah Andreone, the list goes on. And from back in the day (and by day, I mean early to mid-90's) especially.

So with this totally cool, awesome thing known as Pandora, you can type in the name of a favorite song or artist, and it will automatically create a "station" of music based on that one piece of info. So I've been rocking out to "Jewel radio" this week - and man, it's so cool. I've heard some great new stuff as well as some old classics (well, okay, no, they don't really qualify as classics, per se... but you get my drift...) and it's just been a good old time. So good, I've caught myself starting to sing out loud along with the songs - in the middle of the gym. Yeah, that was a bit embarrassing. Especially since I, you know, work there and all...

Anyways... where was I going with this? Oh, yes. Enjoying my music and my memories that go along with them... so I was curious - do you ever hear songs that make you stop and think "Oh, wow! Remember when?". I'd love to hear what some of them are - you people never comment on here and my blog posts are getting kind of lonely! So, come on, comment already!


No comments:

Post a Comment