Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Reflection

Today has been a melancholy sort of day for me. I don't really know why - nothing has happened to stimulate this. Except maybe the realization that Miss Sunshine is no longer a baby. I looked at her today, playing with all the other children at my new job, and realized, she is a little girl!




Yes, you read that right. I have a job. It's only part-time, it's only minimum wage, but it's better than nothing. And the best part is - the kids can come with me! Yes, free childcare. So no need for daycare and that lovely expense. Daddy Mac had positive news on the job front as well, and we are very hopeful that a significant raise is headed his way (hopefully sooner rather than later) so things can start to get back on track for us.




Life is settling down. Bills are starting to get under control, slowly but surely. There still isn't enough money left at the end of the day (or week, or month, or however you look at it) but the gap isn't as huge as it was six months ago... we are catching up on things slowly but surely, and I am confident that within the year, things will be back to where they should be. Life has handed us a lot of very tart lemons, but I'm starting to stock up on sugar for that lemonade we'll be making!




Monster Boy starts school in a week. A WEEK! How did that happen? How did my sweet little boy go from this:





To this?





It just doesn't seem possible somehow... maybe that's where the melancholy is coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment