Sunday, August 22, 2010

School Daze


Monster Boy started Kindergarten last week. (And yes, I had intended to write a post ON his first day of school. Unfortunately, that, like so much of my life, got left behind... so I write it now. Oh well. At least I am writing it!)


How in the heck did THAT happen?




When did my baby boy get big enough to go to SCHOOL? Like, all day, eight hours a day, five days a week, school?




I'm not ready for him to be big enough for school yet.



On the other hand, I am SOOOOO ready for him to GO to school.




Makes no sense, does it? But see, the thing is, when he is at school, my day suddenly becomes much more free. Instead of begging him to pick up his messes, chasing around after two kids, keeping him from annoying Miss Sunshine or Miss Sunshine from annoying him, picking up a room only to have it trashed by the kids 30 seconds later - I am only dealing with one component of that equation. And she's a lot less destructive than he is at this point.




But I still miss him while he is gone all day.




And am glad to see him when I pick him up - even if he is lagging 20 feet behind the rest of his class... (That's him, leagues behind the other kids. Solidly bringing up the rear.)




And even if he has to stop to give his girl friend (note the space - she is a friend who is a girl, NOT a girl friend) a hug since she is in the OTHER Kindergarten class so he only sees her at lunch and after school... (and I missed the hug - it was the first day and they were both a bit cranky - hugging was NOT going to happen in front of the camera).




And I am still trying to figure out how he got SOOO big. (This photo was taken in the parking lot, BEFORE we left the school - he rides in the backseat in a high backed booster - for all my carseat mommies out there!)

No comments:

Post a Comment