Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The countdown is on!

Well, we leave tomorrow morning to head to Chicago for Miss Sunshine's palate repair. Have I mentioned that I am terrified? In less than 48 hours, my baby girl will be going through surgery. I don't know that I am mentally prepared for this at all.

I've been running around like a crazy woman all day, trying to make sure I have everything we need. Toothbrush - check. Toothpaste - check. Deodorant - check. Shampoo - check. Underwear - check. Black clothes - check. Button up clothes for Miss Sunshine - check. Ready-made bottles of formula for the flight - check. Storage bags for breast milk - CRAP! I better find those! Ugh. I am so sure I am going to forget something, because don't you always, when you travel? Isn't this pretty much impossible to avoid? I just keep trying to tell myself not to panic, things will all be fine.

We check in at the hospital as soon as we arrive in Chicago, and I don't know if they have WiFi or not - but if they do, I'll try to get on and update. If not, I suppose you all will be hearing from me after surgery - I do know that our hotel has WiFi access, so at the latest, hopefully I will be able to get on Friday night.

Now I'm going to try to get some sleep, since Miss Sunshine kept me up all night last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment