Wednesday, May 25, 2011

When did that happen?

Monster Boy "graduates" from Kindergarten tomorrow.

I'm always vastly amused by all the "graduations" they have out there now.  Monster Boy went to preschool for two years (three year old class and four year old class) and didn't have a "graduation" from either one, but I see many friends on Facebook with pictures of their kiddos in graduation gear.  Caps and gowns, the whole nine yards.  Now, I'm not saying anything against this.  At ALL.  I just find it amusing, is all.

They are having a little graduation ceremony for Monster Boy tomorrow.  Nothing big - no caps and gowns or anything of that nature.  Just a little presentation in his classroom before school lets out for friends and family.  He  is very excited.  I'm wondering how hot it's going to get in his classroom with all those people in there.

But, it's bittersweet.  I can't believe he's already in school, much less getting done with Kindergarten and getting ready to go to first grade.  And, I'm a sap, so I'll probably cry, or at least tear up, tomorrow in his classroom.

Miss Sunshine is getting a new speech therapist.  Her old therapist, who we love, is leaving the nonprofit that provides her care - they have had a lot of budget cuts this year, along with some other financial issues - so I'm not sure if this is a voluntary leaving or not, but she did call us personally to tell us that she was leaving and we would get a new therapist.  Which I thought was wonderful of her.  So now, we get to start new, with a new person.  Miss Sunshine is pretty reticent around strangers, so I imagine it's going to take some time to get her warmed up and we will be seeing more of the speech therapist than I'd like this summer.  That's okay, though, you can't get too much therapy, right?  I know that Miss Sunshine is well on track now, and our only major concern is her nasality.  I'm hoping that the new speech therapist feels the same way.

But, for now, I'm just going to go finish making dinner.  And wait for the rain to let up...

No comments:

Post a Comment