Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms (any kind of moms) out there!

It's going to be a quiet day in the Mac household today.  I figure we got enough adventure yesterday that today we are going to take it easy.

Speaking of yesterday's adventures... Well, the day started off much as usual.  Daddy Mac headed off to work, the kiddos and I got up.  I settled Miss Sunshine into her booster seat with some yogurt for breakfast and started working on the sink full of dirty dishes I had in the kitchen.  My goal for the day was to get the house nice and clean before Daddy Mac got home from work.  Yeah, that didn't happen.  Ten minutes in to my cleaning day, I stabbed myself with a very sharp knife.  On the back of my hand right on top of my first knuckle.  Slid it in from the tip back about three quarters of an inch.  After staring stupidly at it for a minute, I ran it under some water and then applied pressure.  I had Monster Boy call Daddy Mac and tell him to come home to take me to the ER.  At this point, the only person in the house who is dressed is Monster Boy.  So I call my grandmother and ask her if she can come sit with the kids so they don't have to go with us to the ER.  Then I attempt to dress myself while my hand is still bleeding.  Managed to pull on shorts and a t-shirt.  I have not showered or anything.  Daddy Mac gets home and I have him get Miss Sunshine dressed and help me brush my hair.  I did mention I am right handed and I, of course, stabbed my right hand, didn't I?  My grandmother arrives and off we go... My biggest fear a this point is that I have hit a tendon with that darn knife.  After sitting in the ER for nearly two hours, they call me back, check it out, declare the tendon safe, toss a couple of stitches in there and send me on my way in roughly fifteen minutes.

So now I have to keep it clean and dry, and no swimming, which is less than ideal considering I leave for Florida in three days!  Such is life, I suppose.

Obviously today I am taking it easy - I'm still in quite a bit of pain (stitches really are painful - this is my first ever foray into the world of stitches despite two c-sections) from the cut and my tetanus shot - so I plan to pack for my trip and otherwise be lazy.  Lot of laundry needs to get done - I'm hopeful that maybe Daddy Mac will just pack it all up and head to the laundromat with it while Miss Sunshine naps... we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment