Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Flying by...

Where does the time keep going? It seems like I just wrote my last blog post yesterday, and turns out it's been NINE days. Sheesh.

Things have been trucking along as usual here. I have started working more days at my job, while Monster Boy is at school. It's nice in one respect, because it means I am home at night for dinner so we can all sit down as a family. But it is surely wreaking havoc on Miss Sunshine's schedule. I generally work 9-2, and Monster Boy has to be picked up from school at 3:15. Which generally means that there is no time for nap for Miss Sunshine. By the time we get home from picking Monster Boy up, she is on her second (or third, who knows!) wind and not in the mood to nap. I try to compensate for this by putting her to bed early those nights, but I know it isn't enough. However, we only have a few more weeks of school to get through and then we will be able to better handle it because we won't have to go pick Monster Boy up - I will just transition her to a later nap time. She usually falls asleep in the car on the way home, so I know she would sleep then, the problem is that I have to wake her up thirty minutes after we get home in order to go pick him up from school. Which is where that next wind comes in - she gets a bit of a catnap and it's enough to energize her into not napping again that afternoon. So hopefully we can get that resolved soon.

Miss Sunshine is also developing quite the personality. Daddy Mac was sure that Monster Boy was the most stubborn child on the face of the earth, but I am confident Miss Sunshine has him beat. Poor Daddy Mac, he has no idea what he is in for. She is getting quite lippy. On the one hand, we are obviously thrilled with the take off in her speech lately. On the other hand, it's is NOT so thrilling that one of her major strides is some serious sass and backtalk. The other day, she informed me "I am SERIOUS, Mom". It took me forever to figure out what she was saying to me, and when I did all I could do was laugh. Apparently, we tell her we are serious a bit too much! I have also gotten "Hold ON, Mom", "Do you understand me?" and "I don't think so" out of her. SIGH. The next two years are going to be awfully long, I have a feeling. Thankfully, she is a bit slower to hit the "terrible two's" than her brother was - he was there at 18 months. However, anyone with an older child knows that the only people who call them "Terrible Two's" are people who have never had a three year old. Can I just fast-forward over 2012, pretty please?

No comments:

Post a Comment