Friday, June 25, 2010

Changes.

We moved furniture around tonight.

In an attempt to save money, we have cut cable and internet. However, since I am working on an online store, obviously internet access was still a must. After doing a bit of research, we determined that a broadband connection was our best bet. And I found a company that does month to month broadband, so that once our finances get better, and we can get regular internet back, we simply stop paying for the broadband and there are no additional charges. However, our computer set up was in the basement, and the reception down there just wasn't good. So, the computer was moved upstairs. Makes the living room feel a bit crowded, but reception is much better, and it is what it is at this point anyways.

We have decided not to get another pet at this time. I just feel that with the dog, the toddler and the kindergartner, there is already more than enough on my plate that we don't need to add anything else to the mix. Daddy Mac is a little down - I know he would like another cat, as would I, but the timing just isn't right, and he knows it. Maybe in a few years.

I am looking for a job. Things are tight out there and I am having not much luck AT ALL. But I am looking. Daycare costs are still a consideration, so we are watching pay becuase it makes no sense for me to go back to work for a pay that would only cover daycare. But since the unemployment extension did not go through, I run out of unemployment at the end of next month, and having no income from me is not an option at this point. I have been steadily looking this whole time, without much luck, but it's time to ramp up the game now. It may come down to me taking a job waiting tables on weekends, and if that is what I have to do, I will do it. For now, though, I'm still trying to find a job during the week.

I suppose those are the major points for us right now. I'll try to get back to regularly scheduled posting, with more updates about Miss Sunshine in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment