Sunday, August 23, 2009

A LONG weekend.

We went out of town this weekends. It was a birthday party for a friend of mine and her daughter, and I hadn't seen this group of friends since before Miss Sunshine was born. So we loaded up the kids and drove three hours to visit. It was nice to see all my friends again. What was NOT so nice was that Miss Sunshine decided that, unlike our last out of town trip, this time she was NOT going to sleep in the Pack and Play - and kept us up until 3 am. Needless to say, I am one VERY tired Mommy today.

We are definitely noticing a difference in her hearing, though. Which is SO wonderful. And I realized that I didn't post an update about her hearing tests! She passed in BOTH ears! Yay. The ENT was a bit concerned about her right ear - he said there was a lot of inflammation behind the eardrum when he went in for the tubes, and he actually removed some tissue from that ear. He thought she might have some slight hearing loss, but if she does, it isn't enough to affect her hearing tests, so we were super happy there. He wants to see her yearly for follow up exams, and said that if we wind up doing the repair surgery here to call him for an assessment to see if the tubes need to be redone during her repair, but otherwise, unless we notice any problems, she only needs to see him once a year for followup. Yay! That was WONDERFUL news this week - I was very concerned about hearing loss and that made me feel just SO much better.

And the countdown is one. We have a very big few weeks coming up for us. Tomorrow is Monster Boy's first day of preschool and he is very excited for that. We did three year old preschool last year, which he loved. This year it will be more of a school environment but he is so ready for it to start. I can't believe he's so big already. Then Sunday is my 30th birthday! Yay, Mommy time! I'm going to go get my hair done - I'm thinking of changing up the color, just for something different. Now that I am not working, I can go back to my more "funky" haircolors (nothing off the wall - I just worked for a really conservative company previously and so some of the stuff that I would do with my hair wasn't acceptable there so I haven't done anything like that in 7 years!). And then the following Tuesday we leave for Chicago. I hope Miss Sunshine does well on the plane. I'm starting to get pretty nervous about our trip. I'm trying not to think too much about it until next week.

I'm also going to be ordering some ccakids.org bracelets for friends and family to wear in recognition of Craniofacial Acceptance Month. I am pretty excited about this.

But for now, I am going to go to bed and try to get some rest before the rat race starts again!

No comments:

Post a Comment