Thursday, June 11, 2009

Frustration...

So I'm past the whole getting laid off thing. I am feeling okay about that now. Monster Boy will NOT stay in bed tonight, and I don't know what his deal is. Other than the getting out of bed, he's been doing really well... He's so freaking smart sometimes it cracks me up... Tonight for some reason Shane was singing "Brass Monkey" to Miss Sunshine- don't ask because I don't know! Anyways, we (Monster Boy and I) were at the table eating dinner (Shane had already eaten and was holding Sunshine) and Monster Boy starts singing it too! And kept singing it, at least the refrain... "Brass Monkey. You Funky Monkey" over and over and over... it was really pretty funny - very cute. And that little grin. He uses it. Man, does he use it :) He's starting to figure out it doesn't really get him anywhere with me or Dad though...

Sunshine was SUPER fussy tonight. I can't decide if it was the teeth or the tummy... so we gave her gas drops and teething tablets! I figured one of them would do the trick... I can't use orajel on her since it goes up into her nasal passages and (I'm guessing) burns due to her cleft. That is what worked best for Monster Boy, so I'm kind of lost as to what to do for her. Just another reason why I hate this cleft :). So we are trying the teething tablets. I'm kind of at a loss at this point. Monster Boy was an easy teether, he rarely fussed. She is a screamer... poor girl. And I don't really know how to make it better :(. She still looks exactly like Daddy except that she has my coloring. Pretty big blue eyes. Her hair is getting blonder with every day, which makes her look like she doesn't have much hair. But she has a ton, really... and still the mullet in the back.... Shane wants to get it cut off, ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment