Saturday, December 3, 2011

Family Time

In the craziness that is our new life with me going to school, working, Monster Boy going to school, Miss Sunshine going to Mom's Day Out and play dates, and Daddy Mac working 12 hour days six days a week, there is very little time in our lives for "family" time.

It's sad, really.  But, I also know it is temporary.  And come January, I will no longer have night classes, so that will make a huge difference in our time together (HOORAY!).

Last night, though, we had a little break.  Normally we go to dinner with my Grandmother on Fridays.  (Yes, my children are incredibly blessed and have not one, but THREE, living great-grandparents).  Last night, however, she had plans, so we had the evening at home.  I made dinner (baked pork chops and fries - because I was tired and it was easy!) and we all sat at the table to eat as a family (we ALWAYS eat together.  No TV eating in this house!).  After dinner, we got the kids in their Jammie's and then all headed downstairs.  Daddy Mac built a fire in the fireplace that we finally, after four years of living here, got around to having cleaned.  Then he popped up some popcorn for all of us.  And we snuggled in, with Christmas tree lit and fire burning, on the couches together and watched "The Polar Express".  It was wonderful.  The kids had a great time and it was so nice to just have a bit of bonding time together.  Then we sent the kiddos off to bed, and Daddy and I cuddled back on the couch by the fire and watched "A Christmas Carol".  We don't get to do this nearly often enough.

I think that family time is always important, no matter the size or make up of your family.  After all, what can be better than spending time with the people who matter the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment