Monday, September 5, 2011

I have a ladybug in my EYE!

Miss Sunshine has developed quite the imagination (and personality) lately.  We had a very interesting conversation on my way to work the other day, and it went something like this:

(I am driving and Miss Sunshine is in her car seat behind me.)
Miss Sunshine - "Oh no!  I have something in my EYE!"
Me - "Something in your eye??  What is it?"
Miss Sunshine - "I don't know.  It's a LADYBUG!"
Me (trying not to laugh) - "A ladybug?!  How did a ladybug get in your eye?"
Miss Sunshine - "I don't know.  It's a BABY ladybug."
Me (still trying to hold in the laughter) - "A baby ladybug, huh?"
Miss Sunshine - "Yeah.  Don't worry, he's not scawy"
Me (little giggles are beginning to sneak out) - "Oh, well, I'm glad he's not scary then."
Miss Sunshine - "Yeah.  Don't huwt him!  Don't squish him!"
Me (giggling harder) - "No, we wouldn't want to hurt him.  That would not be nice."
(I have reached the gym, and open the door to take her out)
Miss Sunshine - "Be caweful.  He is scawed of you!"
Me (cracking up at this point) - "He's scared of me?  Why is he scared of me?"
Miss Sunshine - "I don't know, but he is scawed.  You must be scawy.  Be nice, okay Mommy?"
Me (almost in tears at this point) - "Okay, I'll be nice.  Let's put him down now so we can go to work, okay?"
Miss Sunshine - "Okay.  I put him wight hewe, okay?  You stay hewe baby ladybug.  I see you later.  But don't get in my eye again, okay ladybug?"

Sigh.  That was the best day I've had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment