Saturday, May 29, 2010

Randomness....

Disclaimer: There is a very good chance this is going to be a VERY long entry that makes little to no sense! Just so you know.




Little Miss Sunshine had her 15 month appointment this week. She's up to 18 lbs 6 oz, and 29 inches long! Moved up the growth chart in both weight and height - still at the bottom end of the scale, but she's moving up, so that is GREAT news! We made the decision to delay her vaccines until her 18 month appointment due to our still on-going insurance issues - I discussed it with her doctor, and he said there was no issue in waiting until August, other than she will have to have 4 shots at once instead of 2 shots now and 2 shots then. So we decided to wait.

She goes back to Shriner's in July for her six month post-operative check. We get to fly out of our hometown this time, instead of having to drive three hours to another airport. Typically it's cheaper, but I asked if we could please fly out of here this time and they were able to do so. Now I just have to figure out what to do with Monster Boy while I am gone, since Daddy Mac is working 11 hour days at his new job.

Yes, you read that right - Daddy Mac is working at his new job. And he really loves it. I am so glad things worked out well this way. Now our finances can finally get back on track - Hooray


Well, had the craft fair today. Made $62 - not too shabby I think, for my first foray into crafting. I'll be working on getting my online store up and running next week - I'm taking a break from any and all sewing and other things for the rest of the weekend. But, I'll leave you with some pictures of some of the things I made (some have sold, some I didn't take individual pictures of, etc...)






Legwarmers!



Soakers - there are more of these I didn't get pictures of!



And, last, but certainly not least....











DRESSES! These are my favorites! I really wanted to keep the green eyelet one for Little Miss Sunshine, but unfortunately all of those sold today!

So, our dishwasher went out this weekend. The money from the stuff I sold was supposed to go to a laptop fund - but instead will be going to a dishwasher fund. Ah, well. Such is life.
Now for the philosophical portion of this post. This has been floating around my Facebook all week, and it gets me teary-eyed every time I read it. But I wanted to share it with you all, anyways. I have no idea where it originated, as I said, I found it on Facebook...
"God saw you getting tired, and a cure wasn't to be. So He put His arms around you, and whispered "Come to me." With tearful eyes, I watched you, and couldn't believe you passed away. Although I loved you dearly, I could not make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hard-working hands at rest. God broke my heart to prove to me He only takes the best."
Since this is Memorial Day weekend, I thought I'd share. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and take a little time to remember those loved ones you have lost, and the men and women who fight every day to give us the little freedoms to celebrate things like this day.
And with that, I'm going to go enjoy the rest of my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment