Monday, June 18, 2012

Busy bees

We've been crazy busy around here lately.  I'm sorry I've done so bad about updating. 

Monster Boy and his teeth are killing me.  Today was visit number four to the dentist in two months.  This time we walked away with a crown on one of his teeth.  Sigh.  I really thought Miss Sunshine would be our orthodontic nightmare, but it's turning out that Monster Boy is the one causing problems!  I was also informed that he will need braces soon - probably within the next two years.  The dentist said that they would need to go on as soon as his four front teeth came in.  He has a condition called "twinning" and as a result, his front teeth are almost twice the size they should be.  So, we have to get brackets on those teeth and get them moved out of the way so the rest of his permanent teeth can come in correctly.  Otherwise we will be running the risk of one (or more) of his permanent teeth eroding the roots of OTHER permanent teeth as they try to come in.  Sigh. 

Summer is in full swing at our house, and it is crazy busy.  Between classes for me every day, work for me nearly every night, baseball practice and games for Monster Boy, and family time in between, it feels like we are non stop running these days. 

Miss Sunshine is doing well.  I don't really have any new updates on her since we won't be seeing her cleft team for TWO MORE YEARS!  I am in complete awe over that still.

I guess that's about all the updates I have for now.  I'll try to get some more amusing anecdotes up soon - Miss Sunshine and Monster Boy have both been full of them lately...

No comments:

Post a Comment