Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Of teeth and other things...

So, Blogger changed their posting format.  Bear with me through any technical difficulties we may experience as I try to figure this out!

So, our trip to the dentist was last week.  Miss Sunshine did wonderfully well this go round - last time the most she would let them do was look in her mouth.  This time, she let them do everything (except xrays).  Now that her canines have made their appearances (although they do no seem to have come in fully, or else she has very tiny canines) the dentist was not so concerned with getting xrays and said we would wait until she was a bit older and less fidgety.  But her teeth look fabulous.

Monster Boy did not fare so well.  We are currently going through what I like to call the "dirty boy" phase - the one where they are allergic to water, it seems.  I don't struggle as much to get him to bathe, because he has to use special organic handmade soaps to help control skin issues and he now takes showers on his own, which is apparently a big sign of major adulthood (wink!).  But teeth brushing?  Yeah.  No matter how many times I remind him EVERY morning to brush his teeth (morning routine consists of four things - take a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, brush your teeth), half the week he seems to leave the house without doing so.  I've told him time and time again the importance of brushing his teeth and how not only does his mouth smell bad when he doesn't, but he'll wind up with cavities.  Well.  Guess who wound up with cavities?  Yep.  Three of them.  Probably not the end of the world in the grand scheme of things, but for someone who has never had a cavity in their life (yes, you read that correctly!), it is very bothersome to me.  Not to mention the whole rabid fear of needles thing he has going on.  We go back the middle of May for his fillings, and I am definitely not looking forward to this experience.  Sigh.  Hopefully it will teach him his lesson about brushing his teeth and we won't have this issue going forward. 

Life is moving right along, as usual.  I have lots of cute pictures from the weekend and from getting to meet my beautiful nephew for the first time.  I have to check with my sister first and make sure she is okay with me posting pictures on here.  If not, I do have pictures of my kids, even if you are tired of seeing them!  I missed a call from Shriner's today about scheduling Miss Sunshine's appointment, so I will call them back tomorrow and hopefully have an update on that soon.  For some reason, these trips are always nerve racking to me, even when I expect good findings.  And it's looking likely that Daddy Mac will be the one taking the excursion with her again - and we all saw how well I did with that last time!  Only time will tell, but I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment