Saturday, October 1, 2011

Score!

Monster Boy had soccer game number three today.  I see great improvements in his playing with every week that passes.  And today, best of all, he scored his very first goal!  He did great today, and I was so very proud of him.

Miss Sunshine has assessments coming up in a few weeks.  She is in the Early Intervention program through the state of Kansas for mostly speech, as she has no other developmental delays.  She's not currently speech delayed any longer, but they have been continuing her services since she qualifies due to her cleft.  The way EI works in Kansas is that up to the age of three it's handled through one company.  After the age of three, the school system takes over.  Since Miss Sunshine will be three this coming February, it's time for her to transition.  They will do full evaluations in all areas on her - speech, eating, psychological, everything.  I have no doubt that they will find her developmentally on track and recommend little to no services, but you never know, and these kinds of things are so nerve wracking.

I am excited to say that I am currently pulling a 3.92 in school (It would be a 4.0 but my university uses a plus/minus grade scale and I am 1% point off for an A in one class, so I have an A- instead, which is lower than a 4.0).  I am feeling GREAT about my decision to go back to school after finding this out.  I am more confident now, despite some difficulties in every day life, that this was the right decision to make for both my family and myself.

Things are about to get crazy busy around here so I probably will not be around as much, but I will still try to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment