Friday, July 31, 2009

Life as I know it...

Today was the beginning of a totally new life for us.

I got laid off from my job today. It's a hard time. Shane just went back to work at a commission only job after being laid off for six months. Miss Sunshine has surgeries ahead of her that we will have to use COBRA for. There are bills to be paid and all that fun stuff. I am scared out of my mind. But I am trying to have faith that everything will be the way it is supposed to in the end. For now, the plan is to stay at home with the kids until after Sunshine's palate repair and then go back to work. Hopefully we can afford for me to do this.

I am rather sad about being laid off. I have been working at my company for over 7 years at this point. It's sad to me that I will no longer work there, even though in the last year or so it had really become a place I didn't necessarily want to work. And I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom. But not like this. And I am just hoping against hope that we are able to keep our heads above water, especially with the economy the way it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment