Saturday, September 13, 2014

Let it fall...

Life has been crazy the last few weeks.  Oh, who am I kidding?  It's been crazy for years now.

Like so many others, I am a stress eater.  And I think it's safe to say that I have been through a lot of stress the past few years.  As a result, I had a number pop up on my scale a few weeks ago that I never thought I would see.  It was a bit of a wake up call for me.  How can I be a good mom, a good wife and a good nurse if I don't feel good about myself?  I can't.  After years of blaming every situation in my life, of making excuses, of making plans and failing to follow through, I decided to take a leap.  I have watched several friends start a new diet program with astounding results.  After months of sitting on the fence, I bit the bullet and started it up myself this week.

Yesterday was the first day of my first eight day challenge.  It's a very restrictive diet for the first eight days, and I won't pretend it's been easy these first two.  I really wanted to join in on the sub sandwich fest the rest of my family enjoyed this afternoon, and Daddy Mac is planning a slow cooked homemade chili for dinner tomorrow that I won't get to partake in.  But if I can get the results my friends have gotten, this sacrifice will be worth it.  I'm ready to get back to me - the healthy, happy me.  I promise to post periodic updates as a way to keep myself on track, but hopefully also as proof that this really does work.  And, if you are interested in knowing more about what I am doing to lose weight and get into shape - leave me a comment with your email address.  This is a no pressure kind of deal for me, so I'm not running around telling everyone "You should do this!".  But if it works for me, I'm happy to share it with everyone else, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment